Friday, April 18, 2014

Sagada: In love and compassion

Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly, and without expectation. We don’t love to be loved; we love to love. We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

Compassion is the greatest form of love humans have to offer. Love is meant to heal and to renew. It is meant to bring us closer to God. Love stands by each other on good days and stands even closer on bad days. 

Today is Good Friday.

A lone strawberry at Strawberry Cafe, Sagada, Mountain Province.
During my trip to Sagada last 2012, my travelmates went to Strawberry Cafe for breakfast. Wondering, why is it called such cafe name when there is no strawberry around nor strawberry being served at their menu, I roamed around. And suddenly, I found strawberry plants in their garden with one of them has a lone heart-shape fruit dangling down from a stem that invites me to pick it up. But I refuse to. I just took a souvenir photo of it since it is my first and only time to see a strawberry in Sagada. Though Sagada's cool weather is suitable for strawberries, it's not really being focused for cultivation but more in Benguet and Baguio. That lone strawberry that made me wonder and awe in beauty of nature is just like love, a formidable force that changes you, transforms you and offer you joy than any material possesion could.

More about my trip to Sagada, Mountain Province, here.

Sagada: In love and compassion is part of my Going Lenten series. It started from my Instragram account where I share travel inspiration thoughts and quotes with travel photos that can be reflected upon and ponder about in this special season of Holy Week. Today's share is about love and compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments and reactions are highly appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...