Saturday, April 19, 2014

Cabanatuan: In death

The tragedy of life is not death, but what we let die inside us while we live. – Norman Cousins.

You don’t live once. You live everyday. You only die once. We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever. The goal is to create something that will.

Today is Black Saturday.

A river in Cabanatuan City while enroute to Baler, Aurora. 
I captured this photo of a river while passing in Cabanatuan as we travel to Baler, Aurora last December of 2013. It's simple beauty caught my eye especially the interplay of dawn and sunrise colors in the sky set against the river. The dark colored river and bluish dawn sky signifies the sadness and mourn of death yet promises that everyday we live to make a fresh start and leave a forever mark in this world.

Cabanatuan: In death is part of my Going Lenten series. It started from my Instragram account where I share travel inspiration thoughts and quotes with travel photos that can be reflected upon and ponder about in this special season of Holy Week. Today's share is about death.

2 comments:

  1. That is Valdefuente River which was heavily damaged by the Pinatubo eruption. We used to bathe there during holy Saturdays in my gradeschool days but today, this river is full of lahar and is useful only to the farms beside it. A river full of fond childhood memories. Have a blessed Lent Ian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info, Sir Oman. I'm clueless about it. I just took a photo of it because it was simply stunning at dawn. It's nice that it gave you childhood recollection and I hope my post helped you reflect this Lent week.

      Delete

All comments and reactions are highly appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...